• Mini cappuccino...Starbucks should be bricking it!

    I am a coffee connoisseur, ok more of a food traditionalist/potential snob. Things should remain as they are. My disdain for Dolmio and its marketing stance was earlier approached in this blog. My compatriot in arms, Ginkers (Giancarlo Rinaldi - an awesome Italo/Scottish journalist of calcio and all things Italian) manages to bring out the best in me when it comes to food and drink!

    Anyway, the other day I caused a moral, self inflicted stir but realised that what I had done was actually re-created/re-engineered the cappuccino on a smaller scale. Starbucks, if you are reading this, I have copy-written this bad boy so HANDS OFF!

    The Mini Cappuccino

    Some say, that it is nothing more than a Macchiato! Oh, what fools...what delectable fools...

    A Macchiato is a shot of espresso with a drop of foamed milk.

    This my friend is the real monty, and no it's not a mini latte. For a latte is neither Italian nor a real drink in my estimation, but worthy of the Starbucks "moral code". A latte is two parts espresso, 3 parts steamed milk, 1 part foamed milk. Capuccino is 1 part espresso, 1 part steamed milk, 1/2 part foamed milk.

    I shall leave you to the crude video of MY mini cappuccino!


    0 comments → Mini cappuccino...Starbucks should be bricking it!

    Post a Comment